View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
e4Tsex

My Ride: '00 328i ZSP w/ 190k
I need advice on replacing suspension

I've read a lot of threads on replacing suspension but most people are doing race springs and coil overs, and I'm just getting confused about it all. All I want is a new stock-like setup without going lower or stiffer. I don't track the car, but drive it spiritedly on a daily basis.

My car is at 173k miles on stock SPORT suspension, and I would like to replace it myself for under $1000 if possible. The car seems to handle fine, but I have noticed hydraulic fluid leaking from the struts for years, and the car recently developed both a creaking and 'clacking' noise in the driver's side rear area when going over bumps. I can't figure out what it is exactly, but wouldn't mind just replacing suspension all around since it is so old. I am hoping it isn't the subframe, but the noise is only on one side of the car, and I'm not sure if that is characteristic of subframe damage.

I am thinking Saches struts since they are a good price, but what else do I truely need?
Springs?
Sway bars?
Swing arms?
Mounting hardwares?
Dippity doos that I am unaware of?

I really just want a simple setup that will work for the remainder of the car's life and that is easy enough for me to install with help from a friend over a weekend. So, what is the best option for me?

dr-z400s / cannondale caad 5
'91 BMW 318is -> '95 BMW 318ti -> '00 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330msport View Post
i heard that this cars go like 300k miles
e4Tsex is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.