Yes I know how to program a linux box, so that shouldn't be a problem
Originally Posted by Ballistic325
Interested in this project.... Great idea! I received my Pi a little while back but haven't had time to play with it yet.
What's your background? Are you into programming?
Started designing a Raspberry PI to BMW interface board. Some features:
1. Can switch video between three sources using a relay: (a) Stock BMW menus (b) Raspberry PI (c) reversing camera.
2. Can read/write ibus while the PI isn't powered or booted up using an 8-bit microcontroller.
3. Provides switch-mode power to the PI and a way to turn it off automatically when you lock your car (don't want it draining your battery).
4. Provides two extra relays to control extra stuff: e.g. Power to your reversing camera (if you use it while not reversing), garage opener.
5. No need to rip out or wreck any factory equipment - except maybe the CD changer.
Hopefully will get a board fabricated soon. I need to quit my day job to have more time to tinker with BMW electronics
Last edited by PeteAU; 10-06-2012 at 06:19 AM.