View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
I haven't checked the rubber stops yet, but think this might be related to the ubiquitous convertible glovebox issue.

When I bought the car, the glovebox was stuck closed. I was able to get it open with a small screwdriver, between the inner and outer latches, pushing the latch lever up, which released the glovebox.

I took the latch apart, soldered a loose wire to the micro switch which locks out the trunk, reset the worm gear drive, and reassembled everything. I can now open the glovebox only with the key, it opens on its own sometimes when I unlock the car, and I've got this problem with my trunk.

Long story short, when my trunk fails to latch, I've found that if I hit the trunk latch button on my key and then close the trunk, it latches.

I love my Bimmer. It's more challenging than my wife.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Miller
I just don't know what I'd do with 560 hp that doesn't involve getting arrested.
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote