View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu

So you mean one of the two bolts in the front of the 'triangle' support broke, right?

IDK what Bentley knows...but Bentley probably takes what the BMW TIS said. It's extra stiffening it wants you to have...probably to prevent flexing and bending beyond what the front axle support provides. IDK how much over-engineering is in that, nor what forces are applied.

BMW made your car mostly out of sheet metal and wants to be sure it doesn't go wiggling around...especially the part that's around the engine.

I can't give you odds or leeway because I'm not an engineer...but some engineer somewhere decided you needed that reinforcement.

I'm just saying...not to argue with you or piss you off...just saying that barring an expert saying it's fine, you either have to go with with BMW says or what Fanatics guess. I wish I could say I think it'd be fine. I can't say it isn't fine either...just that I'd defer to the experts.

Search tis.spaghettidecoder.org and I think you'll find that Bentley publishes what the TIS says word for word.

You know I'm always going to err on the conservative side. You get to make your own decisions, obviously!

GL whatever you decide!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote