View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #46
NumbaOneNewb

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330ci
Yeah. All US e46 as far as I know come standard and pre wired for an alarm system. Pretty much BMW tried confusing us and trying to make more money. I read that the alarm system on e46 is the actual dme unit itself. The trigger inputs of which I did personally see myself when I unplugged my zke GM5 central body Electronics. What i dont know what or how to do is wire the warning away function. The instant function looks straight forward. Maybe I'll look at that guys diy again but yeah he tapped into the hood pins wires no diode I believe. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=383883 well there's the link. He doesn't show how to hook up the warning away message. Now, the tilt sensor, which I assume would be the same thing? Usually goes in the trunk. It also has 4 wires. Of all of those 4 wires provide the necessary functions that the shock sensor is bought needs I should be able to tap into it right? No diode even necessary?
Portland Metro: ECU updates, Euro tune, euro corner delete, air bag light, DSC light, cluster and any led color change, soldering work, transponders for keys, and all custom work related to computer or electronics.DIY AK90 A walk through on coding your mcu and transponders EWS3 How to make your own key (ak90 review)
NumbaOneNewb is offline   Reply With Quote