View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #75
M3Nick
RACECAR Backwrds Is RACECAR

My Ride: '06 M3 ZCP, Cayman-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 325i View Post
If I'd have JFOJ'd or Mangoed as those "gurus" suggest, I'd have thrown away somewhere in the neighbourhood of 2 grand by now and not had my car running any better than it is in the current condition.

This board like any other car board has an epidemic of people with no mechanical skill who all think they can/should work on their own vehicle. There are few that can/should as evidenced by the multitude of inane/assinine threads that exist. On top of that we have others telling these very same people who don't know WTH they are doing to replace isht at crazy intervals. These people are either egomaniacs who think everyone should follow their (mostly unfounded) advice, or secretly parts dealers or work in the auto parts industry. I vote for the former.
Very well put. I too have noticed this very same thing. Heaven forbid you ask these people what makes them qualified. Like age or mechanical experience. Just accept their advice that they cram down the new members of this forum. Become their followers I have seen them post wrong things many times and other members correct them. They then just ignore the correction. To me this shows they are not about the cars, but their own egos.