View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #42
got330ci?

My Ride: Topaz330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan19 View Post
There may be a DiY but I didn't go by any instructions. However I have always be really picky about how my paint looks on my vehicles and just learned to always drive the car with microfibers but I would always get swirls and it really bugged me. So this is what I did... First buy yourself a porter cable 7424xp. It's a really safe user friendly power polisher and it's what I use. Then do some searching on google or autogeek.com and learn the basics of paint correction and also search YouTube about how to make section passes and so forth. I have found great results so far using the me guitars m105/m205 combo with the polisher using the orange pad with 105, then use the white pad with 205 and that will give you a nice finish followed by hand wax of your juice. Remember different colored bads or more or less abrasive so you'll have to play with the pads depending on what color your car is. Hope that helps let me know if you have any questions.
It's deff. enough info for a good start. I have a few buffers so i'll try with those for now. Now to purchase said compounds tommorow and take it from there. I will deff. hit you up if complications arise. Thanks!

BMW.
got330ci? is offline   Reply With Quote