View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #57
fiveightandten

My Ride: '03 330ci / '98 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Nah no harm done Right, i'm currently toe in -.10 all the way around (since I do highway driving) but i might set dial it down or zero it out next time. I believe knocking the pins out is good for half a degree of camber (according to tis)

I'm ordering all four corners for the wheel bearings. Including all new hardware; axle nuts, dust caps inner and outer, snap rings
Gotcha. 0.5 isn't much. Your toe is already pretty minimal, so you'll probably be fine.

Good luck with the bearings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Yeah I kind of thought of the idea of wanting to get one... but then it would have to be exclusively a track toy and it seems everyone at autocross has them for the sake of getting fast lap times--the same times as everyone else. It was funny, every single miata got the exact same time every time. Makes me wonder if they're just too easy to drive fast due to being so small and light? Not challenging???
They're very maneuverable. But with such a short wheel base, they can be less stable and more finicky to drive than something like a 3 series. It all depends on how they're set up though. I see some Miata guys swapping ends any time they make a mistake. You have to almost be trying to loose control of a BMW out there.

I keep up with most of the NA Miata's. Some of the FI ones are real fast though. There are a few at my local club that are pushing out some nice power. They're lighter, smaller, more maneuverable, and faster than a 3-series. There's just no way to match their times. Though, the satisfaction of having a refined, pleasurable daily driver like a 330i, that's also very capable out there without any modifications whatsoever...that's worth its weight in gold, IMO. It's all about enjoying the car and learning. There will always be someone faster. Having fun and improving as a driver is