View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
glenninflorida

My Ride: '04 330i zhp
Another zkw burnt bowl thread...

Hi all,

I can no longer tolerate the decreasing amount of light from my bi-xenon zkws and after hitting some road debris (18 wheeler tire tread - no damage thank goodness) on the interstate, I must get this fixed. After reading hours of informative threads about my "factory defect", and many people's solutions and DIYs, I do not see too many "ready to act" today options available.

My desired outcome of this effort is to have equivalent or better than "new" OEM bi-xenon lighting.

I thought I would tackle an E90 projector bowl retrofit but after googling and searching ebay, I see none available. I do see multiple used e46 AL lighting assemblies and projector assemblies from one vendor but I am concerned the amount of work I need to retrofit this will result in less than desired results.

That leaves me to doing a non-OEM retrofit to something like the FX-R projectors - which I would probably just send out for retrofitting. If my understanding is correct, some shops use the zkw lens and cutoff with the fx-r projector for a factory look - or am I confused?

Am I missing any options or am I incorrect in my thinking?

Thanks for your help.
glenninflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.