View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #52
tomoyer

My Ride: 03 325xi, 03 330xi
Send a message via Yahoo to tomoyer
I've been using PowerFlex Lower Control Arm Bushings for quite some time (on several of my E30s besides me E46s). Guess they decided to make them this way for those that didn't install the version I have correctly (having the inner part of the bushing "walking" up the Lower Control Arm). I used a good bench vise and 3 flat aluminum plates to press the outer part of the bushings into the lollypops. So they are suppling grease to install the inner part of the bushing into the outer? In the model I have, it was a never-seize compound and from one of the photos I saw attached to this thread, the copper colored "grease" is never-seize compound. Previously PowerFlex told you to be careful and not use too much when putting the inner into the outer.
Anyways, thanks for the additional info on the "new" E46 XI PowerFlex Urethane Bushings. And glad that you like them, you know, if they don't get damaged, you can reuse them when you have to replace the Lower Control Arm because of worn Outer Ball Joints?
tomoyer is offline   Reply With Quote