View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
^ Good points.

My company allows me to keep the airline points, hotel points, and rental car points. Can come in handy for personal vacations.

Like I said, it's nice to eat and visit new places all on company dime while getting paid. Of course there is still plenty of company work involved, but generally when I travel, my evenings are open to exploring and relaxing.

Edit: And depending on how lenient your company is, sometimes if I fly in late enough on a weekday or during the morning of the weekday, my manager allows me to push back coming into work for that day or taking the day off entirely.

Also my I have the option of making a vacation out of my corporate travel. Say I have to go on a business trip for 3 days and it's in CA. If I want, I can take X amount of vacation days after or before those 3 days and just push my flight back to a later or earlier date. Of course the hotel and meals outside of business are my expense but it can save you the cost of an airline ticket.

Quote:
"I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better. I think that's the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself."

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 10-10-2012 at 01:13 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote