View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
^ Good points.

My company allows me to keep the airline points, hotel points, and rental car points. Can come in handy for personal vacations.

Like I said, it's nice to eat and visit new places all on company dime while getting paid. Of course there is still plenty of company work involved, but generally when I travel, my evenings are open to exploring and relaxing.

Edit: And depending on how lenient your company is, sometimes if I fly in late enough on a weekday or during the morning of the weekday, my manager allows me to push back coming into work for that day or taking the day off entirely.

Also my I have the option of making a vacation out of my corporate travel. Say I have to go on a business trip for 3 days and it's in CA. If I want, I can take X amount of vacation days after or before those 3 days and just push my flight back to a later or earlier date. Of course the hotel and meals outside of business are my expense but it can save you the cost of an airline ticket.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 10-10-2012 at 12:13 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote