View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #11
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Great when you are young without a family, but not at all when you have a wife and kids.

There are more cons that pros at any point though. Airports are frustrating, other travelers make you want to want to pull your hair out, eating out every meal gets old EXTREMELY fast, you're likely putting in more hours that if you don't travel....the list goes on and on.

There isn't typically a whole lot of sightseeing when you travel for work except maybe a couple hours in the evening if you're lucky, so regardless of the locale you probably won't see much of where you just landed.

The miles are nice to collect, but when you travel a lot, the last thing you want to do is get back on a plane for vacation. Coming home seems the most relaxing option.

Make no mistake, I enjoyed my time traveling during my career (every week, 4 days / week), but that was when I was new in the workforce and single, traveling with others in the same boat. We had a blast, but I wouldn't want to travel now unless they at least doubled my pay.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote