View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
sprintman

My Ride: Ex 325CI owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
^ LOL I used rechargeable...they're only 1.2 volt... Hahahhaha that's awesome daki!!

As for all the shearing numbers from oil analysis tests...can they prove that these test numbers will be the end all of an engine? Can our operators manual prove it too? Mechanics that I know well have worked on engines for decades and think most of it is just business practice to make the most amount of profit. I'd do the same thing too if that's how the average consumer is swayed to spend more money with my business.

Here's my engine after 153K miles of abuse with no sign of sludge. The VANOS was completely fine other than the predicted hardened seals. I installed a refurbished VANOS though where the cylinders were polished for better than new condition. My old VANOS will be reconditioned the same as my replacement with new seals for the next car.

It gets redlined on every drive at least once after the oil has reached operating temperature...not using the coolant gauge. Compression is all within limits too.
So give us the specs of the oil used
sprintman is offline   Reply With Quote