View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
Bayerische E46

My Ride: -
Hi Feff,

I have a question about your session lengths: why does MVP run a 20 minute/6 session format rather than the 30 minute/4-5 session format many other clubs use? I'm not complaining about TOTAL TRACK TIME as I do understand that you offer 6 sessions a day; 2+ hours/day is great. My "apprehension," if you like, is that it takes about 10-15 minutes to get up to speed (both the driver and the car), leaving only 5 minutes of solid run-time. But here's my bigger concern (of course, please correct me if my concerns are misplaced): say you encounter a little problem with your car that you have to sort out - under your format, a driver only has 40 minutes (i.e. 2 20 minute sessions assuming a 3-group format) to come off track, get to the stall, take temps, unsuit, fix the problem, drink/eat, digest, suit back up, and head back out. 40 minutes is a hell of a short interval between sessions, if I'm honest. Hell, 60 minutes is already a bit tight - and that's even if you don't have any mechanical issues. But 40 minutes? Yikes. I dunno...how have you guys found the 20 minute sessions to work for you? Have you tried fewer but longer (i.e. 30 minute) sessions? Basically, for what reason(s) does MVP use the 20/6 format instead of a 30/4-5 format? I'm sure there must be some compelling reason; it's just that I'm not really seeing it. Hope you can help out.

In case you're wondering, I'm asking/poking/critiquing because I just moved to the Midwest and am considering buying MVP's full 2013 "package"...

Thanks!

Last edited by Bayerische E46; 10-10-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Bayerische E46 is offline   Reply With Quote