View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #23
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqr View Post
OK, so who do I write to if I am going to use the internet approach? The internet sales guy? I am currently emailing a guy at one dealership because I met him when I did a test drive. FYI, I'm looking into ordering a GTI or MINI Clubman S.
Go to each dealer's website and look for the fleet/internet manager's email. If you can't find it then use their form for asking questions, and the fleet/internet manager will typically respond.

That's the guy you want to talk to. They're not the floor sales guys who talk your ear off. They do volume, have more price decision power, and know you're shopping around. They only get a couple shots at you so they tend to respond with serious offers.

Do not go in or call. In fact, the only time you should call is after 2 rounds of price matching, you tell the dealer your final price for signing the papers today. You can usually get $150-$200 off the lowest price that way.

When the fleet managers throw up the white flags and say nope, that's it they can't beat it anymore on the phone, then you know you've hit rock bottom dealer price.

Last edited by Amoeba; 10-10-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Amoeba is offline   Reply With Quote