View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Looking for opinions... considering an E39

I've been checking up on the craigslist, autotrader, etc lately and been seeing a few very nice E39 530i's with sport package and manual trans. (what I was looking for before I bought my E46) all for under $7k And considering I can probably get around $10k or more for my ZHP... it's a tempting idea.

So needless to say I'm very seriously considering selling my ZHP and hoping behind the wheel of one of these. I recently moved to a new job and with it came an 80 mile round trip commute so the added comfort of a 5-series could be pretty awesome.

My main fear is that I'll inevitably regret it since the 5-series isn't as sporty, but I've been planning on getting a Miata or an E36 as a track toy/weekend car anyway, so idk. Has anyone here had any experience with the E39? From what I've read and seen they're built much more solidly than just about any BMW of their time, but I'm not sure how they'll be as far as a sporty daily car goes. The only one I've driven was a 528i and it felt pretty gutless, but it was also a non-sport pack and I've read that the M54 is a pretty sizable step up from the M52 (If my E46 is any indication that's definitely true!).

Just looking for some feedback, what would you guys do in my shoes?

Last edited by EverydayGetaway; 10-11-2012 at 11:33 PM.
EverydayGetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.