View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #49
EverydayGetaway

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
A friend of mine just picked up a '98 M3 Sedan. Not exactly in perfect shape but every time I sit in it, I wish I had an e36. I like how the e46 interior is more refined, but the rugged functionality and utility of the e36 interior, coupled with the more chiseled exterior lines really make the car attractive to me.

The issue is that in my area, every e36 I find is either auto, salvaged, abused, or has a disgusting tan interior. Or some combination of all 4 of those.
The great thing about the E36 is that the interior is really easy to swap out, my last 318 came with hosh-posh interior, I found a wrecked 328i with black leather sports seats and bought all the seats, all door panels and the center console for $200 I definitely love the E36 interior, people bitch about it but it's all about maintenance, as long as you're not lazy it's just as rugged as the E46's interior and I definitely like the layout better, it feels like a cockpit, it's all very clearly set up around the drivers seat, I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaseb View Post
I checked the local autotrader and it seems that unless its an M5, all the E39 are pretty much Automatics.
Again, this is why I'm tempted by the 5-speed manual 530i sports that have popped up in my area. And yes, Choxor, they've gotten ridiculously cheap... very tempting.