View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #51
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
The great thing about the E36 is that the interior is really easy to swap out, my last 318 came with hosh-posh interior, I found a wrecked 328i with black leather sports seats and bought all the seats, all door panels and the center console for $200 I definitely love the E36 interior, people bitch about it but it's all about maintenance, as long as you're not lazy it's just as rugged as the E46's interior and I definitely like the layout better, it feels like a cockpit, it's all very clearly set up around the drivers seat, I love that.

You're exactly right about the cockpit thing. Even though all of the cockpits I have time in are pretty lame (single engine, piston aircraft), the e36 really does feel like the cockpit of like a fighter jet or something. I love how everything is canted towards the driver. All the buttons/knobs are the perfect distance for my arms and the seat really hugs me. As long as it doesn't have that wood grain from the lux package, I really find the e36 interior much easier to maintain and clean and keep looking 'new.'

1999 Techno Violet Metallic M3
Bilstein | Kosei K1 Racing | Toyo Proxes R888 | BMW CCA #430881

Last edited by tock172; 10-12-2012 at 03:41 PM.
tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote