View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
xecure

My Ride: 2002 325xi, 5MT Swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoj View Post
Depending on how and where you measure the battery, 12 Volts reading is only about 50% level of charge. A fully charged battery should read 12.6 Volts.

You need to leave your windows and hood open and after you turn off your car, come back after 25 minutes and listen to determine if you can hear any fan motor running. There are 2 fan motors that have issue, the small one in the climate control panel and the main HVAC blower motor.

Doubt your fuel pump is an issue if you have the battery going flat.
What are the issues with the fan motor? btw i used the car's hidden functions to check the voltage (ref: )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
This sounds like battery to me too. When jumping, did you connect to terminals under the hood? Also, you should keep the cars hooked up for maybe 5 mins. with donor car revving slightly. Then try to start.

Bet it will...or you could try jump starting.

Check date on battery...if old...it might just be its time.
I connected it to the battery terminals in my trunk. My car is in the drive way and it's a bit difficult to get another car's hood near the front of mine.

The battery is 2.5 years old, I think it's still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcoleman View Post
14v when jumping should be more than enough...you may have to leave the cables connected for longer, though.

Also worth noting, do NOT leave the donor car running when you try to start yours...it can blow the diodes in their alternator.

+1, easiest way.
How much longer do i have to leave them connected? Also i thought I was jump starting the car by connecting the battery to another car's battery.

** Too much for a sig - tim330i **

OMG LOOK AN E46!
xecure is offline   Reply With Quote