View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #104
TT330i

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazPL View Post
Got a 2001 330i which I love and adore. 85 000 Km (= about 53 700 Miles) on it, so not bad!
When in idle, if I depress the clutch, there's a distinct rattling/vibration just an inch or so from the floor.
When starting from a standstill, I really need to work the clutch, otherwise the car tends to stall or jump, as if it's not quite catching the power - I can't really "blast off" but have to ease off the clutch until I get some speed. This only applies to first gear though.
I sometimes get RPMs oscillating up and down, especially when in reverse, sometimes in idle.

Have tried to figure out what's causing this for a year, recently my shop had a new idea: Replacing the DMF + Clutch. It's a bit costly, so I just want to make sure that this is the most likely cause? Thanks in advance folks!
Did you ever figure out what this was? To me sounds like the rattling could be the throwout bearing or the DMF, but more likely if it's a lounder clunky sound it's the DMF. The one on my old e30 had this same noise, but wasn't worth the $600 or so to replace it. Curious if you resolved the issue.
TT330i is offline   Reply With Quote