View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #105
bigloser

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
I am at 111,000 miles on my factory clutch on my ZHP. I cant chirp second, but I assume that's more to do with the wider rear tires, and the Michelin Super Sports than the clutch. I'm the third owner, so I cant speak for all the miles, but the car did roll up 80k in the first 3 years of its life(I have the full service history, lucky me), so I'm assuming that it was mostly highway miles. I feel that the clutch engagement is high compared to my e36 and e30, but my buddy with a 325i feels its right on par with his e46 at ~80k. I do get a very grabby engagement in first when the clutch is cold, but its fine in second, and it goes away once things warm up. I did have the clutch slip badly on me once, but it was after I had to slowly back up a very steep driveway where I was forced to slip the clutch the whole way up. It has held up just fine through 2 track weekends though. I did get some smells the first few times out, but that was mostly due to me using the clutch while braking, for which my instructor yelled at me quite a bit. Ok, maybe not actually yelling, but he did tell me to never to it again on a track. I assume I should be expecting a clutch replacement within the next 10k-30k miles.

1984 318i - Dead
1998 328is - Sold
2004 330i ZHP - I think I'm in love
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote