View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #55
benzovs

My Ride: 2000 323i
The ground when armed wire is the orange wire, and it comes from the aftermarket alarm. I doubt that the dwa has one, but it's possible it does. The purple and white wire is the starter interlock circuit. It could be that it is purple/white on one side of fuse #14 and purple/yellow on the other. You do not have to use a starter kill relay. The only reason why I use one is if a thief would somehow get my key. But yes, for the most part your EWS is the starter kill, is activates the starter interlock and disables the fuel pump and ignition.

If you go back and re-read the starter kill section, I edited that part. I came to the conclusion that using the starter interlock wire was probably not a good idea with a remote start alarm. I didn't have any problems with my alarm, but after thinking it through a little, I decided that it could cause problems to the EWS and DME starting the vehicle while the starter interlock circuit was interrupted. Why are you needing a ground when armed output? Maybe we can find out if the dwa has such an output. If not, maybe we can figure out how else to do what you are trying to accomplish.

Last edited by benzovs; 10-15-2012 at 12:41 PM.
benzovs is offline   Reply With Quote