What the something was would make a difference.
If it's water soluble, you might try lightly wetting it in hopes it dilutes it and allows the stain to soak deeper below the surface.
You might try a dilute solution of an oxygen bleach...which would be safer than chlorine bleach.
You might try a laundry stain remover that works with enzymes...forget the name of the stuff.
Much of that will probably look better when it dries (I'm assuming it's still wet), but I think I'd work up.
You have an exit strategy if needed, so good luck with my guesses!
Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840
A recent set
dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com