View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #12974
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Nice. I don't keep up with all these things. how much is that? is that solely for BT or does it do iPod connectivity as well? is it just for phone calls or plays music via bluetooth too? i feel... old for not knowing this stuff lol
For the first 1.5 years of ownership of my 330i, I used the OE aux input through the glovebox. I would have my phone either sitting in the cupholder or the compartment below the HVAC panel.

The DICE Bluetooth Mediabridge in essence makes it possible for me to get in my car and drive somewhere without ever taking my phone out of my pocket. I have full bluetooth connectivity from the phone to the stereo for calls, music and even Siri. Once I start my car, the phone automatically connects and I can control everything through the steering wheel. It will display (via a scrolling line on the radio display) and announce who's calling or the title of the song/artist of whatever's playing. Works flawlessly so far. It was really easy to install as well.

I can ask for the weather, a stock quote, send an email, send a text, call someone, play any song/artist/album playlist on the phone all through the steering wheel controls and my voice. It's great. Not to mention I also kept my OE aux input in the glovebox. This means I now have bluetooth connectivity, 2 conventional aux input jacks and a USB connection in the glovebox as well.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic M3
Bilstein | Kosei K1 Racing | Toyo Proxes R888 | BMW CCA #430881

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote