View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #1049
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
Putting together another AR. Using a spiked lower, and a spiked 14.5" spikes upper with a 1.5" compensator pinned and welded.
Why are you wanting a 14.5" pinned barrel in lieu of a 16"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
How's Winchester 5.56 q3131? Anybody run it? Picking up 800 for $250 today from my buddy again, cheapest I can find it online is $10 a box, figured it should be good for plinking or a class.
Generally speaking, pretty dirty and inconsistent. Also very inaccurate. The Q3131 is US made, but check to make sure it's not the Q3131A stuff made overseas (Israel for that stuff). The Q3131A is junk. A lot of negative posts on it over on Lightfighter. Not too many people saying anything good about Q3131 either. My own experience with Q3131 has been okay for just general range use, but it's definitely a step down from Federal XM193. I would never run it in a class, but wouldn't have an issue running it on the range on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_e46 View Post
Anyone got any connections/leads to a DD or Noveske MK18 upper in FDE?
Rainier Arms has the DD Mk18 FDE upper in stock.
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2593

Noveske should have their Mk18 in stock, as per their website. Rainier Arms can also order it, as they're the chief distributor for Noveske; though getting it direct from Noveske is pretty easy also.
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=

There really is no difference between the two setups, except that one barrel is made in-house by Daniel Defense and one is made by FN (to Noveske's specifications).
Both come with a milspec BCG and charging handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_e46 View Post
@adam: do you run/is there any special buffer and spring for the pistol or would the standard carbine and buffer be fine?
Running a carbine gas system with a 10.3/10.5" barrel will require more buffering or spring weight to reduce bolt speed. Look at an H2 buffer with either a Blue or Red spring by Sprinco.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 10-15-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Reedo302 is online now   Reply With Quote