View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #102
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
I picked up a Tlr-3 yesterday and mounted it, just to experiment; I see what you mean about eliminating the benefits.

The light extends quite a bit past the barrel, which makes the whole set up just as long as my full size XD. Glad I changed my Raven order a few days ago (dropped the light carrier).

Although after playing with it a bit, I realize I REALLY like the idea of a weapon light, so I will keep the TLR-3 for home defense.

I'm also still mulling over the Surefire P2X. I already have a few decent flashlights, but the idea of have 500 lumens at my fingertip is hard to pass up...I don't know if the size is small enough for EDC though.

Related question: Night sights, yay or nay? which brand?
The TLR is right at home for HD. 90lumens is plenty in a confined house space. More is always better, but 90 is definitely effective enough and won't leave you wanting.

In re the P2X Fury lights, they're about the same size as the G2 and 6P lights and will fit in a pocket nicely. I highly recommend the P2X Fury Defender, as it has the clicky tailcap switch.

For night sights, there are lots of good options. Trijicon and Meprolight make the best/most durable sights.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote