View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
When you jack up from the front center jack point, make sure you chock your rear wheels and put on the e-brake and have the car in gear...remember to chock when only lifting from the rear center jack point.

Lower it slowly onto the the jack stands under your jack pads, BB...and keep the jack there.

If you can't get the jack under the center jack point, you could just drive up on a 2x10 to get enough extra room to see and position the jack. I can get mine under without getting the car up a little, but it's much easier on me to just drive onto my 4 homemade ramps...a 2x10 with a 1x10 on top...I also put a 2x4 at the end to stop me from going too far.

Also, you know, depending on what you're doing, you could just jack up one side from jack pad and put something under the car in case the jack falls...like a spare tire. Just work on one side at a time.

GL!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote