View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #221
Busabos77

My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Updates:

I was at BMW Tulley this morning to pick up my A pillars that I ordered and saw an E46 M3 with Imola red interior that was being serviced. I wanted to compare my dye job from the real OEM Imola interior. After looking at the Imola Interior that the E46 M3 had, I realized that my rear seats that I dyed were the same color but a little shiny rather than a matte color that the OEM Imola interior had. So when I got home from work tonight, I took the rear seats out again and decided to mask them and sand them down with 400 grit to take out a thin layer of the dye that I had applied. I back tracked a bit from what I did and realized that I applied thick coats to the seats and kinda rushed them a bit compared to the door panels. The door panels were perfect and has the exact color and sheen compared with the OEM Imola interior that I saw. I just finished sanding all the pieces for the rear seat and will apply very light coats and set the spray to super fine setting to achieve the same sheen and color with the interior that I saw earlier. I want this done right and to look exactly OEM!

MASKED THE REAR BACK RESTS AGAIN!

COMPARING HOW SHINY THE FIRST DYE JOB THAT I DID TO THE SANDED ONE WHICH LOOKS MORE OEM ( Left one sanded down and right one the previous work that I did)

BEFORE

AFTER BOTH BACK RESTS ARE SANDED

REAR SEAT SANDED DOWN

Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote