View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #13
sunsetcoast

My Ride: '99 323i & '00 323iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Read the BBB reviews. The first one is complaining about how the wheels are from China (replica) rather than OEM reconditioned.
A BBB rating of "A" is as good as it gets. Only 11 filings in all the years they have been in business, all of them resolved. I'd have no concerns.

While I'd prefer OEM takeoffs to reconditioned wheels or replicas (esp. if the price is the same), they state pretty clearly that OEM takeoffs / OEM reconditioned / New replicas are all in the same category for them.

If your wheels have seen a few seasons of use, they probably show some wear. If so, mixing in a couple that look like new will be noticeable. If they are immaculate, then mounting a used replacement is probably going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Repairing your own at ~$125 each will cost less, but you won't be able to drive your car while it is being done.

Another option is buying a full set of used rims. It may take a while, especially if you don't live in a major metro area, but you should be able to locate a decent-looking set for not much more than fixing your own. Mount the 4 best on the car and you still have 2 spares in the event that another becomes bent or cosmeticaly challenged.
sunsetcoast is offline   Reply With Quote