View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #17
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkley View Post
I think I owe more thanks to the inventor of zip ties.

Cable ties were first invented by Thomas & Betts, an electrical company, in 1958 under the brand name Ty-Rap. Initially they were designed for airplane wire harnesses. The original design used a metal tooth, and these can still be obtained. Thomas & Betts and others, e.g. Panduit and Hellermann, later changed to the nylon/plastic design.[2]

Thomas & Betts (NYSE: TNB) is a designer and manufacturer of connectors and components for electrical and communication markets. Thomas and Betts was founded in 1898 by two young engineers from Princeton University, Robert M. Thomas and Hobart D. Betts. They formed an agency for selling conduit to electrical distributors during a time when incandescent electric lighting was first introduced to New York City. Thomas & Betts is notable as the inventor of cable ties in 1958 to facilitate assembling wire harnesses in airplanes. It has recently expanded its product offerings through the acquisition of leading brands in the Power Protection industry specifically focused on critical infrastructure.
ABB acquired Thomas & Betts for $3.9 billion, or $72 a share, in 2012 to become a major player in the North American low-voltage products market.

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."

Last edited by wasp9166; 10-17-2012 at 09:10 PM.
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote