View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
triksterut

My Ride: 05 M3 Vert
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay; had to go out of town and I'm just now getting back to it. First, I went to a local shop close to me and used both a Snapon Motec unit, and an Autologic unit to reset both the throttle and VANOS adaptations. After plugging in my nifty PLX Kiwi OBD2 reader - it still showed long term fuel trims. I just got back from the actual BMW dealership and got to watch the shop foreman actually use the shop computer to do the same thing and run an "Idle Synchronization" procedure. The local shop guys were dicks and charged me $100 bucks for 15 minutes. The BMW dealership charged me for their actual 1/2 hour of work it was nice. But I still have the same issue.

Sometimes it idles great. Then it doesn't. I can't seem to find a pattern or routine. So, now back to square one. I would replace my IAC valve but it worked perfectly prior to my Stage 2 upgrade and my car has 40k miles on it. The BMW shop guys say those things very rarely go bad. It's like a $50 part so I'm going to order one anyway. But I have no idea what to do next.

Quote:
As I have the same issue on my car, I would love to know the solution you found
Epic - Are you running Stage 2? Did you upgrade from a previous kit? What have you tried?

Ugh.
triksterut is offline   Reply With Quote