View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #137
Mhnd

My Ride: 330XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by b spot View Post
Unfortunately I can't help you with a part number, but when I went back in that fuel line was hanging very, very close to its original position, and there doesn't seem like much that can cause danger to it back there unless you are working on the car.

My clip that fits in the bracket was a bit mangled, so it's not overly snug in there, but seems good enough.

If I was you I'd grab a cheap L-bracket from a lumber store (the sheet metal kind used for fence construction etc) and modify it with some snips and a drill to make a new one. Maybe just file down any sharp edges on it. It should do the job, you could even just zip tie the fuel line straight to the bracket.

An update on the starter noise (sorry for spamming the thread, I just know when I do this stuff I love finding someone that had my same issues and how they solved them. Noise is going. Did it only on maybe 3 or 4 starts. Maybe some grease just had to work around the pinion shaft, but it starts like a champ!
I'm glad that it's working just fine for you. On the other issue I do remember that the fuel line was bundled with a bunch of other cables from the top, I agree with you that it will never move out of its original location but I just want to put everything back to the original condition and to have a peace of mind. Last night I started building my custom made bracket using sheet metal after I made a small sketch (see picture below) what I could remember.
Attachment 474571
Hopefully this is how it looked like but I'm not sure though. Question, how did the clip attached to the fuel line looked like? ... I'm sure this one I can find in the part store and if not I can always use a plastic tie wrap. Thanks for your help trying to figure this thing out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Starter Bracket.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	474572  

Last edited by Mhnd; 10-19-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Mhnd is offline   Reply With Quote