View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
bldngblck

My Ride: 330i zhp
be careful doing business with khoalty

on september 20th, i purchased some E46 M-Technik Splitters (for M-Tech II Bumper) from them for my zhp. didn't know much about khoalty; saw them on here, figured i try them out

big mistake

on september 28th, i still hadn't received my splitters, and i thought that strange, so i shot them an email, inquiring about the hold up. here is their response to me:
Hello,

I am truely sorry about the delay, there were couple of flaws ont eh splitters so we can waiting for the new ones to come in next week so you get perfect ones, sorry again.

-kevin

okay cool, i think
they FINALLY arrive on october 9th. and i was excited to put them on
i opened the box, and i should have known by how shoddily they packed the items, that everything wasn't gonna be okay.

it seems like they said to hell with it and sent me the defective splitters anyway!

here are pics

as you can see, one is cracked, the others aren't uniform in their cuts, and they looked like they had been scratched up and repainted.

now i know they go under the car, but sheesh! i'm not familiar with buying mods, but i bet if i got them from bmw, they wouldn't look like this, nor would their explanation for this shoddy quality be this:

(their response):
You can send them back to

925 hale pl, suite b3
chula vista, ca 91914
Rma: your order number

No one predrills holes on the splitters as every bumper is a little different for fitment wise. If we did predrilling, you would have emails like yours all the time saying the holes don't line up and how come this and that. They are not advertised predrilled so I am not sure where it is written down as predrilled. The flaws you see are all covered up when you install them in the car. Unless you are under the car and it is going into the competition for contours de elegance for perfection, none of those things are seen.

-Kevin

i thought his reply was quite assinine and snarky. because it's going to be under the car, i shouldn't expect it to look good before i install it? i mean the guy said contours de elegance!. i can understand the predrilled part, although i expected them to come pre drilled, since i'm not very handy with cutting nor do i have the tools for it. the picture shows them as pre drilled in the ad for them on their site, last i checked.

so they're in the process of refunding me my money, minus my initial shipping cost, which i'm not happy about. you ship me a substandard product and expect me to eat it, all the while KNOWING it was substandard? then they respond with this to add insult to injury:

We don't refund shipping costs, same as Walmart doesn't refund the gas expense of you driving to their store if you buy something at a retail location and drive back again to rerun it. Transport costs are non-refundable.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Dean

yeah, i didn't buy them from walmart, i bought them from you, and i know that nike pays for shipping when you return it's products for defective craftmanship. they even provide a return label with the product, just in case.

needless to say, i won't be doing business with these guys anymore, and you can if you want to. be forewarned, they're not very professional, and i'd question the "khoalty" of any of their other products.

thanks for reading this long rant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121009_163352.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	474680   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121009_163339.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	474681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121009_163243.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	474682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121009_163236.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	474683  

bldngblck is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.