View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #231
Busabos77

My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Updates:

Last night, I started working on the driver side front seat. I got a little frustrated trying to take pieces apart but thanks to deadlysyns and LSBE46M3 for posting the DIY threads, I was able to disassemble it. The back rest was able to move up to give me about an inch or two space from the lower seat part to work with the dye. I applied the rejuvenator and will leave it for about a day. I will work on the front passenger seat tonight and apply the rejuvenator and hopefully by tuesday night, I can start cleaning it and be able to apply the prep agent to get both seats ready for dyeing. I plan to finish the dye on the front seats early next week. Again, thanks guys for all the help!

THE PART THAT GAVE ME HELL LAST NIGHT
I got confused on which bolt I needed to take out since they all seemed to be connected to both the seat and the back rest.

I called LSBE46M3 (Kevin) this morning and asked him if he can remember how he took his seat apart and the rest was history! Thanks again Kev! I only needed to take out this one bolt on each side and the back rest slid up and gave me enough working space! It was hidden underneath the leather cover! We are back in business! WOOT!!!

PLASTIC PIECES AND BUTTONS TAKEN OUT

SEAT REJUVENATED

ENOUGH SPACE BETWEEN THE BACK REST AND THE SEAT TO WORK ON THE DYE!
Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote