View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #12
Teddy7

My Ride: slides
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB BMW
I have a slight pull to the right also.
What are you doing to adjust yours?

(I have no experience with alignment or toe.)
I can explain it, but I would be cautious with your inexperience with alignments. It's important to note your pull may be due to many factors aside from your wheels being out of alignment. So just keep that in mind. You have to get under the car and loosen your tie rod pinch nuts while keeping the tie rod stationary. Once the nut is loose, your tie rod essentially is able to spin freely. Depending on the direction you spin it is what determines more toe-in (front of wheels closer together) or more toe-out (Front of wheels further apart). Generally speaking, increased toe-in provides more straight-line stability and increased toe-out decreases straight-line stability. It may seem like a no brainer to just run more toe-in, but toe also affects turn-in ability and other aspects of the entire driving experience. Small adjustments to the tie rod make exponentially large differences, so if you decide to do this, take your time with minor adjustments and multiple test drives. Always make sure to re-tighten the pinch nut once you've made an adjustment. Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you kill yourself.

Last edited by Teddy7; 10-22-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Teddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote