View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #230
basar13

My Ride: Z4M, R8, 525xd, STI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Nice! IMO I would've stuck with the ProEFI in comparison to the extremely outdated AEM.

EDIT: For this application anyways...

Using the e46 m3 ecu will speed up my process and hope to use the turbo on the car which has been waiting for months.

I could have gone for Aem infinity, i have the opportunity to make my own harness for Z4m but how would i know what was going to happen. I preferred to go to the known route instead of facing new prototype problems.

I have lost my hope on pro-efi with z4m ecu. Well of course you never know this may be solved in this month or maybe next year. I took my time and i had enough.

Even proefi works with z4m i still can go back to pro-efi and also sell all the stuff i bought with a small loss and it will be still better than letting the car sit for 6 more months maybe more.

Also when i use e46 m3 ecu i am transferring myself to m3 platform which will always have better improvements compared to Z4M.

For example when HPF relases AEM infinity i will be able to plug and play the new system. Of course if they still want to use the stock ecu.