View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #152
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickbuilder View Post
It must make you haters feel good to find a target rich thread like this. How bout this.................You silly asses with 3 pedals bought an old used car that was 1700 bucks cheaper than the Step equipped car. Sorry that you are such a broke ass biotch, and couldn't afford a more expensive model. Oh, and you still have to change the transmission oil and, yep you will have several clutches to go through, and then there is the known shifter problem and ............there is more. Sure you want to go down this road? We can get into the rear subframe mount problem that is more prevalent with the manual transmission equipped POS too. You really sure? C'mon punk, make my day.........
Are you so insecure that you have to convince yourself your better than others simply because you were able to afford a $1500 option on one of the lowest end BMWs? Get over yourself, your car was barely $40k when new... Doesnt exactly make you 1% material there... And frankly, you're 3x older than most of us. It'd be plain sad if you couldn't afford more expensive toys than those of us who are just getting started with their careers.

Fwiw, in the case of both cars I've purchased, I paid around $2-3k more than a than the fair market value of a comparable automatic. I don't think I'd do that if I were only buying a manual because that's all my broke ass could afford. It would actually have been cheaper for me to buy an SMG model and convert it to a manual than to buy the manual outright. But my time was worth more to me than the small savings.

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 10-23-2012 at 12:38 PM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote