View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #153
Stickbuilder

My Ride: Touring, and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
Are you so insecure that you have to convince yourself your better than others simply because you were able to afford a $1500 option on one of the lowest end BMWs? Get over yourself, your car was barely $40k when new... Doesnt exactly make you 1% material there... And frankly, you're 3x older than most of us. It'd be plain sad if you couldn't afford more expensive toys than those of us who are just getting started with their careers.

Fwiw, in the case of both cars I've purchased, I paid around $2-3k more than a than the fair market value of a comparable automatic. I don't think I'd do that if I were only buying a manual because that's all my broke ass could afford. It would actually have been cheaper for me to buy an SMG model and convert it to a manual than to buy the manual outright. But my time was worth more to me than the small savings.
The difference is that I bought mine new. You did not. Mine was a little more than you suggested too. That's okay, you probably were not old enough to know what prices were back then. Oh, and we also have a few newer cars including a New Bimmer too. I just like my old Touring well enough to keep it.

English
Sarcasm
Profanity
Stickbuilder is online now   Reply With Quote