View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Nycscoobydan

My Ride: 330Cci
Passenger window not lowering when door is opened

So normally when you open the door the window is supposed to drop ~1/8" so that it doesn't catch on the weather stripping. For some reason it didn't one of the times the door was opened, and when it closed the forward corner of the glass gouged up my a pillar and chipped the corner in the process.
Now it doesn't do this every time, but I have noticed on more than one occasion that it hangs up when someone opens the door. Do I have a faulty sensor in my door, or are people just opening the door too quickly and not giving the motor a chance to do its thing?? I haven't had this happen on the driver's side, but that could be because I pull the door handle, watch the window "magically" do its thing, then proceed to open the door all the way. But then again I'm also reluctant to slam the door when i'm closing it. This is my first car with frameless windows so i'm probably babying it more than I need to.

Has anyone else had this problem? and if you have seen it happen, what can I do to stop it? I really don't want the glass cracking completely.
Nycscoobydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.