Thread: CV Boot Grease
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Sean McClellan

My Ride: 2004 325xi
CV Boot Grease

Hey guys,

So I received both of my cv boots in the mail today and I am about to tackle this project, however I do have a question. If you look at the photo below you'll notice that my inner boot kit came with 3 grease packs. Is it really necessary to put all 3 packs into the inner cv joint? The only reason I ask is because the last time I replaced the cv boots on my passenger side (about 2 years ago) the kit came with 2 packs at that time. I used both packs of grease then. After I took my car for a test drive when I was finished, a bunch of grease had escaped from my inner joint and it got slung out everywhere underneath my car and I'm pretty sure there was way too much grease packed inside. And yes- I did tighten the clamp al the way down. I really don't want a repeat of last time- especially where I'd have to crawl back underneath my car to clean everything up.....I can't imagine putting 3 packs of grease in there if 2 was way too much last time! What are your thoughts/opinions? Maybe they just sent me extra grease just in case? As always- thanks guys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1351360139.863205.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	475717
Sean McClellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.