View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 12:52 AM   #19
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1ner View Post
Sir, I think it is absolutely fantastic!! I never would have doubted the build. I could see what they were up to from the start. I think the whole approach was most sensible. You could have gotten BURIED financially in that job by not taking the shops advice.

I cant believe I missed the entire thread. I dont know how that happened. What is the final color? I hope a white PEARL. That would look so great.

Some questions. What tire width are you limited to NOW? I am curious why you did not have the shop give you a lot more room in case you wanted to go WIDER...13 inch rims. That is a substantial investment. If it were me I would want to fit at least a 335/345mm. To me, that is a real wide body. You dont HAVE to run a tire that wide, but it is always good to have the ROOM in case a situation rises where you need the space.

You could be running the same tires as Maverick not not have to worry about a thing traction wise.
I think you have limited yourself on tire width.
Dont get me wrong. I still LOVE the job and the look. I just hope you have not limited your tire SIZE options too much.

You saved so MUCH of the OEM lines of the car! I love that about the build.
Just GREAT, pilot!

Please post final pix when ever...