View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #635
ElrichMeister

My Ride: 06 325Ci M56
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacobso View Post
I'm convinced that its time to replace my cooling system on my 2004 325i that now has 75K miles. However, my car is a SULEV with the M56 engine and I'm wondering if the parts shown in the E46 Cooling Guide are applicable to my vehicle. One of the on-line retailers told me there is SULEV specific radiator and that the standard M54 part will not work. However, I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on that. Are there other parts that may be specific to the M56? How do I go about identifying which (if any) parts are unique? Thank you.
Im replacing my Radiator on my M56, but im doing through SULEV warranty, it has warranty up to 150k miles, or 15 years, But mine is having sensor issues, i get an SES light for an EAC sensor, which is on the radiator. In order to fix this issue the whole radiator has to be replaced. The M56 radiator has a special coating on it that helps with emissions somehow. If nothing is wrong with the radiator dont replace it.

On another note, im doing the whole overhaul, as my expansion tank has crack in it. I used real oem to compare parts, and the only thing i found different was the radiator.