View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
pilotnbr1

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Update for anyone still following this or for future readers. I called autozone and asked if they had a valeo in stock, which they said they did. So I pulled out the duralast reman and took it in. When I got to autozone it turned out the "valeo" was just a duralast gold. Basically a new duralast.. I was pissed. So I put that alternator in. Problem was marginally better.

I ended up going online and found a bosch. The best deal was amazon. So once again pulled alternator out and put the bosch in. Fingers crossed and two days of driving the car no longer has the bouncing idle. One thing about the bosch though- the bracket opening on the bottom of the alternator was 1 mm too small to fit around the mount. I had to take a grinder to the threaded nut attachment which was causing the problem and shaved the 1 mm. I double checked everything else prior to doing this to ensure I had the correct bosch unit. Was kind of strange.... But anyhow that problem is solved...

Oil pan gasket, guibo, and rear wheel bearings next.. Maybe a new thermostat too- been throwing an intermitant code for it being jammed open.. It will be a new car by the time im done...ughhhm and empty wallet...
pilotnbr1 is offline   Reply With Quote