View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #63
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
Push harder..

But I don't know dude. I don't really workout my chest but I've noticed it's the one body part that muscle memory catches up with fast. Maybe it's because there is a lot of people who focus on having a big chest so there are more issues, but it takes a while dude. Keep at it heavy.
you are probably right, my bench progress has always been notoriously slow (and seems to work in spikes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I think you need to adjust the amount of sets/reps. What do your shoulder workout(s) look like? Are your lats engaged? Those things matter! Do you have any videos of your form?
I definitely feel like I'd be getting a better workout doing 4 x 8 instead of 4x5 (and not getting to 5). No videos, when I work out with a buddy again in december I'll get him to take some

Last Shoulder workout was:

Overhead Press : 5 sets of 110 lbs x 5 reps
Seated Arnold Press: 3 sets of 40lb DB's x 8
Front Raises: 3 sets of 45lb bar x 8
Lateral Raises: 2 sets of 5lb DB's x 40 (hate this one it kills)

My shoulders are definitely underdeveloped when compared to my chest, something that I should have mentioned.

When im benching my shoulders are all the way back, chest out as much as possible, lats engaged. I don't touch the bar to my chest, I leave about 1/2 inch gap at bottom of rep... I get a injury type pain in my shoulders when I bring bar all the way down.