View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #82
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
We are so similar in strength it's scary. I do think you should definitely tone down your press goal though. A 50lb increase on such a small muscle is going to be very hard. I set my squat goal at 50lbs and am a little concerned I won't hit it. Only makes me want it more though.

If you need any help coming up with some conditioning workouts let me know. With glights help and my own research I think I've learned a decent amount and come up with some good workouts that are actually beneficial. I've had plenty of friends tell me they've never workout that hard, they have never felt like that, the pain the next way was crazy etc. These weren't just newbs either. I'm talking guys that have been lifting for years and capable of benching 300 + lbs. it's just something they weren't used to. The thing is that you need to keep them short and heavy. Since our goals are to be stronger/more muscular this is the way to go. Those 15-30 min crossfit style metcons will not help as much as some of the 10 minute wods I do. Which if moved to 15-30 min would literally make me pass out or I'd sacrifice intensity which makes it pointless since calories burning isn't my goal.

Oh one more thing, people will look at you and wonder what you're doing. Don't worry about them. Let them see what you did when you're sitting on the floor huffing and puffing. Btw this hurricane has made me super lazy. I intended to do a workout tonight but I'm not feeling it. Ill be back at it tomorrow and get weekend work in too.
Yeah, that would be some CRAZY progress on the press. 5 years ago my press was 135 and now its 195, so 50lbs in a year sounds crazy to me. That being said you press is a bit low compared to your other lifts, so maybe it will catch up quicker.
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote