View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #22
ZiMMie

My Ride: S54E36.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xittt View Post
Zimmie
Great thread by the way You say the e36 ball joint was offset front to rear. The ball joint in my xi arms are concentric and don't appear to have any offset. I'm assuming that the e36 ball joint you used is not concentric in the housing? For clarification did you insert the BJ with the ball more toward the front or more toward the rear? Or am I missing something? Also would this effect the alignment in anyway.

Thanks
For the clarification, the e36 balljoint (92-98 Non M) ball joint its centered. But the OE IX balljoint was an offset ball joint. u cant tell until u remove the rubber boot. it's installed in the control arm in a way to reduce caster in the front.

Since the e36 ball joint is center it actually brought the wheel a tiny bit more closer to the front bumper. It really hard to tell unless you have 2 stock ix next to each other.

I still haven't had a chance to get an alignment done. Hopefully by the weekend ill get it done. But from what i see, it added more caster which is good for turn in.

as for those wanted to know the part # of the ball joint used is,
31126758510, lastly make sure you press in the balljoint in the correct position. use the picture i posted for reference.

Last edited by ZiMMie; 10-31-2012 at 01:02 AM.
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote