View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #94
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glight View Post
Today I did conditioning only, so it didn't really have a focus on anything in particular and wasn't heavy. That's usually what I do when I'm not doing any lifting.

Here's what I did. This is the kind of thing you could add in when you do your mini cuts.

1000m row
Rest 2:00
200 doubleunders
50 burpees
50 30lb slamballs
Run 800m

Brutal...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
Thanks! I like the idea of this much more than just mindlessly running on a treadmill, plus it helps your functional strength, and would do a lot to maintain muscle in a cut I believe.

Found a goldmine of short metcons (I'll keep up to date with sollys and others etc as well)

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=35062

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Just a key point...

....make sure that you really focus on the eccentric/concentric portion of all of your lifts/movements (..mind/muscle connection). I would personally extend the reps on movements such as the reverse cable flies, lat pull downs, pec deck/low cables, etc. simply for the aesthetic, muscle building benefits. For movements like those I typically stay in the 10-12 rep range while increasing weight incrementally. Have at it, and let us know how it goes.

While I'm not an advanced lifter, I've definitely noticed over the past two years just how much more connected I am with my body. Crazy once you've been lifting how you understand how to flex each and every little muscle, and what its purpose is. I still remember when I first figured out I could alternate popping my pecs like in the movies

Thanks again for all the help!