View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:55 AM   #40
wc325i

My Ride: stick 330
*Update*
I have installed the headers and cats. Took around 9 hrs !!

Anyways, in general fitment was better than i thought, only needed small modifications.
I have attached 5 pictures below and i will explain all the problems i came across.

First picture, once the headers were bolted on, the flange that i circled is touching that metal bit of the car which will cause crazy rattling noise if not dealt with.
To fix this problem my mechanic had to bent that pipe slightly so it's away from the metal bit.

In the second picture, you can see that the header pipes are touching the engine cover and the air con tube. To fix this, my mechanic cut a bit of the plastic off the engine cover and as for the silver tube, it needs to be relocated somehow.... haven't done that yet.

In the third picture, as you can see one of the oxygen sensors wont fit under there so it will have to be relocated somewhere further up that pipe.

Fourth picture is just showing you how the cats sit. Perfect no drama, doesnt hang too low or anything.

Fifth picture. Since the flange (in the first picture) was touching the metal part, that specific cat had to be bent a little bit as well to fit it.

These headers significantly changed the sound my eisenmann race used to make. It's raspy now (past 3.5k revs).. which i dislike.
Drone happens between 1.5k ~ 2k
Fairly quiet during idle
Cruising in 4th gear going 60km pretty quiet.

Here are some vids

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headers 1.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	476436   Click image for larger version

Name:	headers 2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	476437   Click image for larger version

Name:	headers 3.jpg