View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #32
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
As mentioned many times, all coupes after 2001 came with sports suspension and 3 spoke steering wheels standard.
actually all E46 Coupes, even the 2000 came with Sport suspension in the USA. just the early Coupes had the different "triangle airbag" 3 spoke Sport steering wheel prior to the later 3 spoke Sport
What sport package would add are sports seats and 17" wheels.
don't think the earliest 323i got 17" wheels ZSP
For anyone thinking 16" wheels wont clear 330 brakes, its not true. There are some wheels that will clear 330 brakes although being 16".
However, the linked car has style 79 wheels which are 7x 17.
Sport package wheels are generally staggered or at least 8x17 all around.
Only ZHPs came with the shadowline trim. All non-m coupes came with chrome trim. Some facelift 325 sedans came with matte black trim.
actually the base stock models 323i/325i had matte black, but lets not mix the sedans in with Coupe thread
OP, that car is premium package(I see HK logos on the doors) but not a sport package car. If thats the car you like, go for it, as it is only missing the sports seat. You can swap them over or keep them as it is. But I would never give up my sports/heated seats.
that year 330 got the HK as standard equipment from what i recall, even if it wasn't it was a stand alone option.
Now just for kicks, dont mistake it for zhp because it has chrome gauge rings. all 330 coupes have chrome gauge rings, ZHP just will have the Red needles and raised rev limit(have feeling you know that already)
see notes above in BLUE.
Sport Package changed in the years. Also between models so it's hard to put down.