View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #374
My Ride: E46 3-Pedal Mafia
Originally Posted by love2drive330CI View Post
Thanks for all the informative replies, much appreciated. If you don't ask you will never know or learn.

Eliott's-BMW--so if you were to replace the entire dc motor, based on what you observed in taking it apart; do you feel it would be safe to use with no parts compromised as stated by Stinger9 if you found a replaceable dc motor(obviously factoring in new cost of total replacement pump vs cost of replacement dc motor)?

So, another question; should I install the pump now or should I wait and do both fuel filter and pump together? I have never replaced my fuel filter so I don't know how clogged it is; I don't have access to my jacks(in my POD storage). I am thinking it will be fine to replace pump now and get the filter changed next week. Thoughts?
Yes it would be safe (as long as you replace with a new dc motor), and it would only take 10-15 mins to replace the dc motor from the fuel pump assembly. I'd do it if the new dc motor would cost $50 or less.

Also you don't have to do the fuel pump and fuel filter together but it would be wise to replace fuel filter in the near future.
Who has the skills?
e30 project

"May GOD grant you DOUBLE the amount you wish upon me!"

Last edited by Eliott's-BMW; 11-02-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Eliott's-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote